Wednesday 25 September 2013

Work on Adobe Premier; Preliminary Task



I've begun to experiment with the editing software Adobe Premier that my peers and I will use for the 2 filming projects I said in my last blog. Fortunately I've used software like Sony Vegas before and much before that Windows Movie Maker, so I know my way around the software and how to do most of the functions I will want to use.
Can't wait to start editing; well I need to film 1st.

So far, I have done a practice project in making an opening for a Thriller movie; using resources on the school site (virtual learning environment) that were used in filming for something in the thriller genre. So far I have no problems with the software, as I am very used to the layout and how things work i.e. adding in video/ audio effects and especially knowing what they do.

I captured the thriller aspect well as the opening has you walk towards a house with some classical Beethoven, then suddenly when the audience hopefully doesn't expect it the screen fuzzes out into darkness with some disturbing music as you are taken into the dark world of the woods with several fades in and quick fades out to make it the more disturbing and interesting to watch onwards.

In order to make a decent thriller opening title sequence in the next month or so, me and my collegues are going to have to constantly remind ourselves on the basis of what a thriller is e.g. quick changing shots in an event of action/ surprise driving audience uncertainty and expectations up, and depending on the sub-genre, the theme has to pretty consistant i.e a psychological thriller dark/ dim lit etc. etc.

1 comment: